Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Random Act


The local stations are visiting viewers' homes to help hook up the converter box. Here's one from channel 6.
While I may miss some things about television, there are people out there who depend on their broadcast signals not just for news and entertainment, but also companionship.
I have asked some older folks in my area about their service. I still need to get my mom's kitchen tv wired for her cable. (She now has to go the family room to watch Everybody Loves Raymond reruns.) I'm trying to get one of the local companies to install the additional tv at no charge in return for her business. Another neighbor said he did not know anything about DTV. I explained the concept to him and told him that I'd order him a coupon, but I've since found out that our local social service agency has boxes available for him. I'll help to faciliate that (pardon the pun) connection.

Do a random act by asking a neighbor or two if you can help them out.
In case you still need to learn something, click here to become a DTV deputy!

No comments:

Post a Comment